Throughout his career, Vincent Mays has always been passionate about communication and consultant work to help others succeed.
As a consultant, Vincent Mays focuses largely on the concept of “mental toughness”. By developing strong mins and positive habits, individuals are better able to take on challenges and overcome obstacles they may run into in their personal and professional lives.
Mental Toughness covers a wide variety of focus areas including:
- Handling stress more effectively
- Moving on and learning from past mistakes and failures
- Making connections with other people
- Improving concentration and focus
- Staying on task
- Developing positive and productive habits
- Maintaining a healthy and active mind
To further develop his ideas on mental toughness, Vincent Mays has read and now recommends a handful of self-help books related to motivation, success, and mindfulness. These books include:
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Dr. Carol Dweck
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
In addition to using mental toughness to be successful in personal and professional endeavors, Vincent Mays also strongly believes in the power of mental toughness when it comes to achieving great results in physical fitness. Our mental and physical fitness are both essential pieces of our overall happiness and lifestyle.
Favorite fitness activities for Vincent Mays include both boxing and crossfit. He finds both activities to be extremely challenging on physical and mental level. Yoga also takes a lot of mental toughness and concentration to achieve the ultimate experience of mind and body.
To combine mental and physical fitness in his consulting work, Vincent Mays likes to incorporate lessons on nutrition. Eating healthy is highly beneficial to both your brain and your body. When all three of these concepts are working together, a person has the best chance of achieving improvement, success, and overall happiness.